My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Friday, June 24, 2005

Amazing

I think I bought my first CD in years today. Why so long, well cause when you do 9 years of radio you 1) can get most CDs for free by just asking and 2) I got so burned out by music that is was the last thing I wanted to listen to. So what did I buy?? Well I bought the 2 disc Pearl Jam's "rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)"

The thing is, it should of just been called "Greatest Hits 1991-1999, Greatest Hit 2000-2003" cause that would of been a better way to describe it. Overall good CD, 1 disc in my opinion is faster songs, the other is there slower songs. It's funny listening to Eddie Vedder sing, cause in the early years of the band, you can understand him, the newer the song, the more slurred he sounds and u can barely understand him currently. Poor guy, lay off the drugs!!!!

MTV2 has a show where they show music videos, I know, this really is a stretch for MTV2. But there's a twist, it's a show called Video Mods, where they take video game characters and have them perform the music video. They just did Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" but it had Star Wars Episode 3 characters in it. So Anakin was singing, Mace and Obi-wan were playing guitar/bass and Yoda was the drummer. Never knew it, but Yoda is a bad ass drummer. He had glow in the dark sticks. It reminded me of Sheila E and her glow in the dark drum sticks. She opened up for Lionel Richie in his "Dancing on the Ceiling" tour. That was the first concert I ever went to. I'll never forget it. I went to school the next day with my long sleeve white t-shirt with lionel and his fro on the front of it. Nice!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter