My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm Kenny Rogers...

I'm so Kenny Rogers. I went and played in my first poker tournament last night. I never play poker, I have been known to watch it a little on tv, so doing this last night was interesting to say the least. Other then the fact that I didn't know how to bet correctly and didn't do good chip or card placement at times, things turned out pretty good. My goal was to not be the first person eliminated at my table, well I wasn't. I wasn't even eliminated from my first table. The first person eliminated from my table was some woman who left in a huff when she got killed by the shared cards. Going into it, it looked like she had it won, but got screwed. Oh well, she was a big talker, so screw her. Once enough people are eliminated on all the tables, they break other tables up and move people around. So for instance if there are 10 tables with 10 people at each table, when 10 people are eliminated they take people from 1 of the tables and insert them into other tables and close a table. So I made it past 4 table moves and lasted over 3 hours in the tournament. I was getting to the point of knowing that I needed to go home cause Jennifer was out playing slots, so I started taking more chances. It got me eliminated, but it was a good time. 201 people started out and I was in the final 75 people. I might of done better then that, but they don't do a countdown every time someone is out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter