My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Monday, July 25, 2005

No way!!!

Would of never of guessed this, but record companies pay record stations to play there songs!!!! News is coming out that Jennifer Lopez's hit song "Get Right" was made a hit by the record companies by paying for play. I would of never of thought that since it's such a great song. Love the beat and the overall sound of the song in general was great. I'm just shocked that this is all happening. It's the best song over!!!

Ok, enough of the BS. I have a few favorite payola stories that I love, here they are and these are just people I know, so I'm sure there are much worse out there:

1) Person I know opens a envelope from a record company, they take the CD out and notices there something else in the envelope. That something else was $3000 cash. She asks her boss, whose office she was in helping him open his mail, what's the deal with the cash. He denies it all and they turn the envelope over and it got delivered to the wrong station and was supposed to go to the crosstown compitition. Oooops

2) PD of a station is moving across country to take another job. On his way out of town, as a thanks, a furniture store shows up, unloads new furniture and loads it into the moving truck. All courtsey of a record company

3) A couple of record companies go in together to get favoring from a high power PD and buy his house, cause he was selling it to take another job in another city. Ohhh, but to make it even better for him, since he loved the town he was in, the record companies bought him a condo to use when he visited.

4) Small town radio station guy gets paid $75 a week to play a piece of shit Engelberd Humperdink song!!! They still payed him after he left and the station was still playing it.

3 of the stories are fact, 1 of them is rumor, but trust me, it's pretty accurate.



New girl started today and she did ok. She was dragging at the end and I've come to the conclusion that when we train new people from now on, we won't be doing a 8 hour job to start them out. People that haven't been working and then are forced to do an 8 hour shift usually can't handle that right away and need to be slowly moved into it. She made it 6:30 hours. Wonder if she will be back tomorrow????

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously they must not be paying me, cause I'm poor.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger The Flounder said...

Well see, you don't play music, you play a recording off the tivo. Oh BTW no one segues into Sponge, "Plowed" better then you. NO ONE!!!!! So I take that back, u do play music. 2 Songs a day, segueing into stern and out of stern.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a natural talent I have....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter