My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Charity

Ahhh, how I can't stand charity. Not the normal kind of charity, I'm cool with that. I give my fair share of stuff when they call looking for stuff. I'm ok with that and I figure a certain ammount of product into my monthly numbers. Trust me, I'm ok with it.

Now here's the kind of charity that drives me crazy. So a couple of months ago I raised a thousand bucks for a nameless charity through the store. That's good and all. But right after that, they tell me someone has nominated me to be arested, they won't tell me who it is, and then I will have to call people to raise money so I can get out. I tell them I don't have time for this, but they tell me tough!!! If I want to get out of it, I would need to give them 1250 up front. YEAH RIGHT!!! Still, I want nothing to do with this. They keep pestering me and tell me that they will be at the store to pick me up at 9am this morning. Please, I don't want to do this, please can I not do this!!!! So today they show up 30 minutes late and say they are here to get me. I offer them $200 to leave me alone and they say that's fine. So I'm out $200 just so I don't have to be bothered. It's charitys like this, that won't take a no that I don't want nothing to do with. Basically black mailing me for cash, screw them!!!!!!! Honestly if I was going to give money to a charity, this isn't the charity that I would choose. I have other charities that are closer to my heart, but I was black mailed into this charity. Thanks for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter