My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Wheel

For some unknown reason when I turned on the TV, the worst show known to man was on, "Wheel of Fortune"

At first, like 25 years ago, yeah I could see people watching it, hey even I did back then. It was much much better then the crap that's on there now. Back in the day after each round you would have to spend the money you won on prizes, and they weren't just any prizes, they were pure crap like the $450 porcilian dalmation. Or if there was nothing else you could spend your money on, you could always put it on a service merchandise gift certificate.

But nowadays who watches this kind of crap??? Hell only old people watch the wheel now. I'm not a wheel watcher, not a wheel watcher.


Whenever I would go over to my grandma's house, she would have the wheel on. She was a wheel watcher, she was a wheel watcher. I'll always remember when the final puzzle would happen, not the bonus round, but the round before that. The phrase would pop up and then the little bell would go off and Pat Sajak spins the wheel and each letter you get from there on would be worth that last spin. Well every once in a while it would land on $5000 and my grandma would go bonkers. She would scream about how angry Pat Sajak was that he landed on $5000. "Look at him," she would say, "you can see the anger in him!!!" Well ok grandma, I don't think Pat really cares, it's not his money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter