My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I give back....

I found this really cool site that helps give back to the world, just me trying to help people out I guess. It's a great site called Kiva.org and basically the whole thing behind it is to help people in different parts of the world by giving them microloans. You donate some money to them, once they reach the goal they ask for, the money is given to them and they pay you back over time. Granted it's interest free, but it helps the world out. They have like a 1% default rate on there loans. Here's the guy I am working on raising money for. I threw $25 bucks his way.

Sahib Eliyev owns a clothing stand in the bazaar of the northeastern Azerbaijani town of Khachmaz. Sahib has been running his business for several years with the help of his wife, and is now looking for funding so that he can increase his inventory of winter clothing. The seasons will be changing soon, and he needs to be prepared for this shift within the market. Sahib has already paid back two prior loans, but amounting to $525, and has proven himself as a worthy customer.


So the reason I like him is cause he's taken a loan out in the past and has paid it back. So what's 1 more loan.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter