My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Folks in town..

My folks are in town for thanksgiving. Not to long and probably the right ammount of time before I would go nuts.

I picked them up at the airport today and took them down to the airplane museum and graveyard. Basically it's a military base that the military stores planes they aren't using anymore and they strip the planes for parts as needed for planes still in service. It's kind of interesting, but it's something they wanted to do, so I did it.

Of course while my folks are in town, I love busting my mom's chops. It's so easy. One of the planes they have in the museum is Air Force 1 from when Kennedy was president. My mom's like, "Let's check it out and walk through it" and I said that I had no problem with that and that we should check for blood while we are doing it.

They also had helicopters at the museum too. One of them was transport style helicopter or patrol helicopter from vietnam. It's the type that Joker flies around in during Full Metal Jacket. So being the wise ass that I am I start reinacting that scene and telling my mom that it's the kind of helicopter that I flew in while I was in vietnam. I told her that I remembered how we'd be flying over rice patties and I would be shooting down the viet-kong. She looked at me and told me that talking about that wasn't funny. I told her I disagreed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter