My Simple Life

Hey here's my simple life: A little bit about me, currently I own a small little sub shop in Chandler, AZ. How did I get to here? Well I use to do morning radio in Phoenix and it was the worst job I have ever had. Before doing radio in Phx, I use to do morning radio in Oklahoma City, Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines, and Dubuque Iowa. So after getting out of the daily grind of radio I do the daily grind of the sub shop and am happy. If you want to contact me, email me @ the_flounder@hotmail.com

Google

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Worst Packer Draft Picks

Ok, so here's the deal. It's modern time, meaning, I need to remember them being picked, so no one from 1957 or stuff like that. Also, the further in the draft they are, the more slack they get. So I won't bust on a 7th round pick who did nothing, he's 7th round, not 7th pick

10) Chucky Webb-If you're always hurt in college, it's a good bet that you will always be a hurt player in the NFL
9) Craig Newsome-Just a bad CB that the packers stretch at with there picks.
8)Vinnie Clark-See #9
7)Wayne Simmons-LB that never did anything
6)Ahmad Carroll-Who???? See #9
5)Terrell Buckley-Big ego player, never developed into the player he said he was going to be.
4)John Michels-Bad Tackle who never was pure crap
3) Antwan Edwards-Barely smelled the NFL, the packers really reached when they picked him. Just another CB that they waste there pick on
2) Tony Mandarich-The incredible bulk, well he was incredible while he was on roids. Tony the turstile was a service-able back up
1) Darrell Thompson-Shit did he suck. But the story behind this pic is what makes him the worst pick of all time. See the packers were all ready to take a different player with the 18th or 19th pick of the draft, they had both. They had his name written down, except a team jumped in front of them and picked the player that the packers were going to pick. So instead the packers made a desperation pick and grabbed University of Minnesota's Thompson, cause all he has ever done is play inside on turf, a good combination for the frozen tundra of lambeau field. Thompson did nothing in his career for the packers, but then again no one did any rushing for the pack for a long time. Oh yeah, that player that got taken right in front of the packers, some guy named Emmitt Smith.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still would of placed Tony at the top of the list... That guy was great at michigan state... on the juice...

How aobut 10 ten best draft picks?

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger The Flounder said...

See the thing is, yeah we all know Tony was bad and everything, but he wasn't supposed to be. Everyone has Tony on the top of there list, that's another reason why I went with someone different.

Best draft picks, ahhhh just look in the second or third round, that's where most of there gems are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter